(click image for closeup)
This magnificent cherry fireplace surround/wall
was built during the summer of 2007. Made out of solid
cherry, this piece measures 15’8” long by
10’ high and takes up an entire wall of the new
home it is installed in.
• The 5” diameter columns were
turned on a lathe using the customary chisels and two
routers on a sled, taking four hours to turn each one.
• Each column has 30 beads routed
around the length of the shaft.
• The arched, beaded molding was also
shop made using a router table with an arched sliding
fixture and removable spacer.
• The 1” beveled mirror measures
30” high by 60” long.
• The entire project was stained,
sprayed with lacquer and hand rubbed to a silky smooth,
lustrous finish, which is irresistible to the touch.